Pear, Apple and Paneer Salad in Low Cal Thousand Island Dressing
Recipe type: salads
Pear, apple and paneer salad in low-cal thousand island dressing is a yummy treat for diabetics and others as well. The apple and pear in this recipe provide a good dose of fibre, while the low-fat paneer provides the required calcium minus scary fat! what is more, the irresistibly tasty thousand island dressing too is made suitable for health-watchers in this version, which replaces cream with thick curds.
- ¾ cup apple cubes
- ¾ cup pear cubes
- ½ cup muskmelon (kharbooja) cubes
- 1 cup low fat paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into cubes
- ½ cup capsicum cubes
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce , torn into pieces
- 1 cup cucumber cubes
- To Be Blended Into A Dressing
- ½ cup thick low fat curds (dahi)
- 1 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp pickled cocktail onions , chopped
- 2 tsp pickled capsicum , chopped
- ½ tsp chopped green chillies
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- ½ cup toasted whole wheat bread croutons
- 6 red cherries
- For the dressing:
- Whisk the curds thoroughly, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Store refrigerated and use as required.
- How to proceed:
- If using fresh pears, sprinkle a little lemon juice on top to avoid discolouration.
- Mix the capsicum, pears, paneer and cucumber together.
- Put the lettuce in ice-cold water for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly
- Toss together the lettuce and the paneer and capsicum mixture and arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle bread croutons, cherries and the dressing on top.
- Serve immediately.